Big Data is useful, but unstructured data management can be chaotic and difficult to scale. At Riak, we are dedicated to empowering enterprises with the ability to deliver mission-critical applications that need to scale in the face of ever more mountains of data.
At RICON, we help attendees understand how they can simplify their data management practices – from multiple perspectives. We want you to be able to easily impart that information to your organization, and we want you to be able to learn from it and grow as an individual. Ahead of this year’s event, we present the top five reasons to attend RICON 2015.
- Unstructured Data Management with Distributed Systems: The Internet of Things is generating increasing masses of unstructured data. Indeed, IDC predicts that by 2017 unstructured data sets will account for nearly 80 percent of data stored on enterprise storage systems. Challenges arise when organizations try to scale their infrastructures to handle this growing data. As a result, the demand for scalable, flexible and affordable data management and big data analytics solutions is increasing. RICON helps focus the attention on what it means to develop a robust big data management infrastructure through examples and hands-on sessions.
- (Test) Automation: As organizations migrate to cloud and virtualized models, IT departments find themselves managing more databases, larger data sets, organization-wide testing and growing customer demands. However they also find themselves in the midst of a resources and time crunch – where many report needing months to respond to new database initiatives. In order to meet those demands in that environment, automation will be huge tool and necessity for organizations choosing database systems. RICON will examine how organizations can ensure their distributed systems are efficient, even in a cloud or virtualized model.
- Information Diversity: Many of 2014’s attendees enjoyed Peter Alvaro’s talk “Outwards from the Middle of the Maze” talk because it was able to articulate a theoretical side of database management. The content was accessible but technical. They gained a better understanding of distributed systems technology for their own development. Last year’s attendees also enjoyed networking with like-minded individuals and learning from the wide range of speakers and sessions available. This year will deliver the same mix of technical, strategic, academic and pragmatic perspectives. Attendees can enjoy insights from professionals like Don Rippert, general manager, cloud strategy, IBM; and Bend Hindman, Mesosphere founder and Apache Mesos co-creator.
- Relatable examples: Previous attendees reported enjoying RICON 2014’s sessions because they included real-world examples attendees encountered in their own experiences. This year, RICON hopes to build on that foundation and is including a number of Riak in Production sessions to provide answers to Riak use-case questions that attendees may have. Sessions with use case-based insights include, ” “Scaling Globally powered by Riak”, “From PostgreSQL to Riak, a success story” and “From 0 to a Working Distributed System with riak_core.”
- Industry Growth: Wikibon expects the NoSQL software and services submarket to grow to $1.825 billion in 2017, up from $286 million in 2012. They found the top 10 startups in the space have received over $600 million in venture funding since 2008. The industry is steaming forward and will be an innovation hotbed in the years to come. RICON will provide attendees a deeper understanding of what makes today’s industry tick, with a glimpse of the future.
RICON is geared toward education and collaboration. Besides the valuable information you glean from attending the sessions, you’ll get to mix with the leading minds in distributed systems. RICON 2015 is hosting some fabulous evening events and we promise the food, and drink will be well catered throughout the event and into the evenings.
RICON is designed to enlighten and inform attendees about the dynamic big data, storage and distributed systems industry. We look forward to seeing you at the conference alongside industry leaders, developers, Riak customers and sponsors in our quest to provide a holistic understanding of distributed systems through both an academic and technological perspective. Please visit our Eventbrite page to register for RICON 2015.
Vice President Product and Marketing